This month’s Deployment Notes are a little different. We’re spotlighting the relaunch of our affiliate program! New terms, new commission…
Deployment Notes: January 2019.
Our New Year’s Resolution for 2019: kick twice as much butt as the year before. And what better way to get started than with a new feature launch that’s guaranteed to help you make money? We’ve also got another slew of bug fixes to help make the Setmore platform more stable than ever before. Continue reading for details.
The (Square-Setmore) eagle has landed
The Square integration is finally here! We’re super excited to announce this integration at the start of 2019. All signs point to an auspicious and lucrative year for Setmore users in the US, UK, Canada and Australia, where the integration is currently supported.
Eager to get started? Read the launch post for activation instructions >
Here’s some important things to know as you dive in Square:
- You can use the Square integration with the free, basic version of Setmore. This is unlike the Stripe integration, which requires a Setmore Pro subscription.
- Your Square fee for online payments made from the Booking Page is 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction. Setmore doesn’t add any fee on top of this. Fees vary based on transaction type. Learn More >
- Class payments are not currently supported, but will be supported in the near future. All other appointment payments in Setmore are currently supported.
You can activate the Square integration under Account > Payments > Square in the Setmore mobile app, and Settings > Payments > Square in the Setmore web app. Of course, you’ll need your own Square account before you begin.
The Squish List: bug fixes and refinements
- Clicking on the Setmore Support phone number in the web app will no longer cause it to disappear.
- When exporting a list of customer contacts, area codes will no longer be curtailed from the phone number field.
- Fixed an issue that temporarily prevented access to the Cognito Forms, Jimdo, Wix, Zapier, and Zendesk information cards in the web app.
Alerts & notifications
- For customers who are in a different timezone, their local timezone will now properly display in any confirmation and reminder emails sent by Setmore. (This requires that the Show Local Time feature is activated for your account.)
- Fixed an issue that caused the Setmore mobile app to log out when the user received a reminder for their next appointment, if the reminder lead time was set to zero minutes.
- The Appointment Rescheduled in-app alert will no longer trigger twice when payments are enabled.
- Fixed a minor design issue when viewing the Booking Page on a tablet browser.
- Fixed an issue that prevented a customer’s upcoming appointments from properly showing in their Customer Login profile.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a deleted service category to show on the Booking Page.
- Fixed an issue that caused new services created under a specific category to instead show under the “All Services” default category instead.
- Service categories on the Booking Page will now properly appear in the order they are placed under Settings > Services.
- Fixed a design break that caused the “Edit” option to be obstructed by the Name field when accessing the Customer Login from the mobile app.
- You may now edit a customer’s name from the Appointment Details window as intended.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a “Scheduling Conflict” error to appear when trying to book a weekly recurring appointment.
- Updating appointment labels will now properly reflect in real time in the Setmore iOS app.
- Deployed minor updates to increase the Google 2-way sync feature usability and stability.
- When creating a singular class session, it will no longer appear as though multiple sessions were created.
- Fixed an issue that caused some class sessions to disappear when editing them.
- Fixed an issue that caused Setmore to experience usability problems after adding a class attendee with the name “New Customer.”
Device syncing & cross-platform compatibility
- Payments made in one device should now properly sync in real time across all devices logged into the same Setmore account.
- When activating off-hours booking, the feature will now properly activate across all devices.
- Updating the business hours will now properly reflect for staff logins.
- Updating staff profile details from an admin account will now properly reflect when logging in from the updated staff profile.
- Changing an account profile password will once again force a logout for all other instances of that account profile as intended.
Check out Deployment Notes: February 2019.
Stay tuned for future updates!
Thank you for reading 🙂
Committed to increased transparency and more responsive community outreach, Setmore will post monthly development updates to showcase some of our work and improvements made over the past 30 days.
Have a feature request? Post a comment below or email us at email@example.com.
by Setmore Appointments
Free, powerful online customer scheduling for businesses of all sizes.