By Setmore Appointments
Free, powerful online customer scheduling for businesses of all sizes.
The Summer of Setmore closes with our biggest feature launch ever: Setmore for iPad. If you’re in the USA, don’t forget to check out our special Square contactless reader promo (details below)! In other news, automated Review Prompts are back and we’re making some compliance changes to meet SCA regulations for our EU friends. Last but not least: bug fixes! Continue reading for all the juicy details.
Setmore for iPad + discount on Square readers*
The Setmore app for iPad launched this month! Download version 4.0 or later from the App Store on your iPad to get started. Additional improvements, such as daily and monthly calendar views, are currently in the work.
Enhance your iPad experience with a Square contactless chip reader!
During the months of September and October, you can get a Square contactless chip reader for 50% off (Available in the US only). Just activate the Square integration in your Setmore account to receive your discount code.
*Offer ends October 31, 2019. Click here for details >
Get more customer reviews (US only)
For Setmore users in the US, you can now activate automated email review prompts. These emails will ping your customers 1 hour after their appointment, requesting that they post a review of their service to your Booking Page.
Customer reviews help encourage other customers to book more appointments, and give you valuable feedback on your job performance.
- To activate, log into the Setmore web app and go to Settings > Booking Page > Reviews.
- Be sure to activate Customer Reviews if they aren’t activated already.
- Then click the Settings button to activate Email Prompts. You’re set!
SCA changes for payments in Setmore (EU only)
Due to Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) regulations in the European Union, we are restricting some forms of payments in Setmore.
- Stripe integration users will be unable to take payments from their calendar in the Setmore web and mobile apps.
- Square integration users will be unable to take payments from their calendar in the Setmore web app only. Mobile apps are still 100% functional.
What stayed the same:
- Stripe integration users can still take customer payments through the customer booking page/portal. Customers can still pay when they book online!
- Square integration users can still take customer payments through the customer booking page/portal, and their Setmore iOS/Android app. Customers can still pay when they book online!
Click here to learn more about SCA + Setmore >
The Squish List: bug fixes and refinements
- Fixed an issue that prevented updating an account phone number under Company Details.
- Once a state is selected for the address field, it is now possible to remove or delete the state (previously the field wouldn’t accept an empty value).
- Fixed an issue that prevented adding a label to a single appointment in a recurring series.
- In the mobile app, when choosing the day/time for an appointment, the current day will be highlighted.
- It is no longer possible to convert an existing appointment into a Slot Blocker.
- Slot blockers will now display in monthly calendar view in the web app.
- Class sessions that span 24 hours can now be booked.
- Class sessions will now display in the web app Dashboard view.
- The Show Local Time feature will now also work for class sessions booked through your Booking Page.
- Deleting a recurring class session from the calendar will now work instantly without requiring a page refresh.
- Fixed an issue that caused customer contact info to not appear in the Customers tab.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented changing or manually entering customer data when booking an appointment.
- Clicking the “Merged” icon in a customer profile will now display a list of all previous customer profiles used to create the merged profile.
- Reschedule links provided in the confirmation email will now expire after use.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Android push reminders to display the incorrect time for an upcoming appointment.
- Custom email signatures will now permit up to 500 characters, as expected, for all languages.
- Fixed an issue with phone number validation in the Test SMS feature.
- Fixed an issue that caused a receipt to not be generated for a paid appointment.
- Fixed an issue that prevented taking payments in the web app for customer profiles created from the iOS app.
- Decimal or fraction values may no longer be entered for service duration.
Stay tuned for future updates!
Thank you for reading 🙂
Committed to increased transparency and more responsive community outreach, Setmore will post monthly development updates to showcase some of our work and improvements made over the past 30 days.
Have a feature request? Post a comment below or email us at email@example.com.
Categorized in: Features, Updates