Small business owners often wear multiple hats. They have to be the social media guru, the scheduling expert, the IT…
A customer’s guide to the customer login portal.
Every Setmore account comes with a free online Booking Page for your customers to schedule appointments online. We’ve already discussed the best ways to set up your Booking Page for success, and how to get traffic to your Booking Page.
This article is the next step and provides instructions for customers to use the Booking Page, and more specifically, the customer login feature. We’ll cover how to:
- Book online through your Booking Page
- Create a customer login
- Reschedule appointments or update contact information in a customer profile
- Recover a lost password
Download a PDF version of this article.
We’ve provided a non-branded PDF guide to using customer logins. Feel free to download and share this guide with your customers. You can also print this guide and display it at your location to help customers book their next appointment.
Download the customer logins PDF >
Booking an appointment from start to finish.
The rest of this article is written with your customers in mind. Read on to learn more about the customer login feature and what your customers will experience when booking online.
You can also share the following link with customers to send them straight to this section: customers guide to the customer login portal #start
Step 1: Open the Booking Page
In your web browser, enter the Booking Page URL. Setmore-powered businesses will usually post this URL on their website or social media.
Note: The example screenshots portray a fictional business called ‘Simple Salon & Spa’ for demonstration purposes.
Step 2: Choose a service and provider
Click or tap on the service of your choice and the screen will move forward automatically. If prompted, choose the team member you’d like to deliver that service. (If the team member isn’t listed, it could be because they don’t offer that service.)
Step 3: Choose a date and time
Click a day in the mini-calendar and select a time slot from the list of options.
Step 4: Log into your customer profile
The customer profile option may be enabled for the Booking Page. If so, you’ll be prompted to log in with your account to continue. Here you’ll see a number of options:
- Sign in: If you’ve already booked an appointment with this business, you can log in with the username and password you previously created. You can also log in with your Facebook or Google account.
- Create new profile: If this is your first time booking an appointment with this business, you may be required to create a customer account before continuing. You may either:
- Create a new username and password.
- Create a new profile using your Facebook or Google account.
- Skip login process: This option may or may not appear. If offered, you can skip creating an account altogether.
Here are some advantages to creating a customer profile:
- The Booking Page will remember your contact information for future bookings.
- You can manage your reminder settings.
- You can view upcoming or past appointments.
- If allowed, you can reschedule an appointment online.
Step 5: Provide your contact information
Your contact information lets the business know who’s coming in for the appointment. Also, you can receive appointment confirmation and reminder messages.
Step 6: Book your appointment
You’ll see all the details of your appointment presented on the next screen. If everything looks good, click ‘Book Appointment’. The final screen will confirm that your appointment was booked. You may also receive an automatic confirmation email from the business.
Using a customer profile.
If the business has enabled the customer login feature, you can log into your profile on the Booking Page at any time. Here you can see your upcoming appointments and more.
Step 1: Log into your profile
Navigate to the business’s Booking Page and click ‘Login’ in the top-right corner.
Step 2: My Schedule
The ‘My Schedule’ menu enables you to see upcoming appointments.
- Use the dropdown menu in the top-right to toggle between ‘upcoming’ and ‘past’ appointments.
- Click the pencil icon next to an appointment to reschedule (Edit) or cancel (Delete) an appointment. Note that this option may be disabled by the business, in which case you should contact them directly to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
Step 3: My Profile
Here you can update your contact information or toggle email reminders on or off.
Recovering a lost password.
If you used your Facebook or Google account to create a customer profile, then you’ll continue to use that to log into your profile each time. If you created a separate username and password for your customer profile, and you lost or forgot your password, you can follow these instructions to reset it:
Step 1: Open the Booking Page
Navigate to the Booking Page and click ‘Login’ in the top-right corner.
Step 2: Click ‘Forgot Password?’
When prompted to log in, click the ‘Forgot password?’ link.
Step 3: Reset your password
When prompted, enter your email address and click the ‘Submit’ button. Setmore will send you an email with a link to reset your password.
Congrats, you’re a pro appointment scheduler.
If you’re a customer, we hope that this article makes it easier for you to schedule appointments online. If you’re a Setmore user, we hope it provides insight into the online scheduling experience.
Don’t currently use Setmore? Get a free online scheduling platform for your personal or professional use. Setmore is free to use and comes with automated email confirmations and reminders, multiple staff calendars and logins, a customer-facing Booking Page and more. Sign up in seconds with no credit card required.
Writer, editor and scheduling product expert at Setmore Appointments.