Captain’s Changelog: April 2018.
Spring cleaning! We’ve doubled our efforts to squash as many bugs in the Setmore app as possible. So, for this month, while you’ll get some of the usual updates on new features still in progress, we’re also showcasing a long list of glitches and various other wrinkles that have now been ironed out. Continue reading for details.
Automated review requests
Online reviews are critical to every business, since they help build up your social cred and encourage new and potential customers to book a service with you. To these ends, we’ve introduced automated review request emails. Now after each appointment, Setmore will automatically send an email to the customer, asking them to rate their service and to pre-book their next appointment on your public Booking Page.
This should help increase the number of reviews on your Booking Page while getting you more appointments overall. You can edit and publish customer reviews in Setmore by going to Apps & Integrations > Your Booking Page (Configure) > Reviews.
Note: If you don’t want Setmore to petition customers to post a review, go to the Reviews submenu and click the toggle switch in the top-right corner to deactivate the Reviews feature. Click here to learn more about Reviews in Setmore >
Steady progress: mobile payments, tablet app, speed boosts
In case you were wondering what’s the status of all those cool new features we announced in the last deployment notes – the short answer is, “We’re working on it!” Stay tuned for additional updates and in the meantime, check out these sneak-peek mock-ups of Setmore Premium on your phone.
Instructional content/guide blitz
New instructional content is available for all pieces of the Setmore platform and our paid products. These downloadable guides are designed for quick consumption with tons of visuals for easy learning. Browse and share them with friends or colleagues who you think could benefit from our free online scheduling platform!
Bug fixes – “Spring Cleaning” edition
This month we’ve embarked on a quest to squash as many bugs as possible, and it won’t stop here. We’re committing to a bug-free Setmore by year’s end, starting with this tip of a gradually shrinking iceberg:
- Fixed a critical issue that caused the previous week’s appointments to sometimes appear under the current week’s dates and times.
- If Booking Page payments are enabled, customers can no longer navigate backwards once they reach the payment screen.
- When customizing your Booking Page URL, the Setmore platform will now correctly notify you if the URL is already taken.
- When a paid attendee is deleted from a class session, you may now refund that attendee’s service cost under the Settings > Payments > History tab.
- Fixed a design issue that caused long service titles to break across columns under Settings > Payments > History.
- Fixed a design issue that was showing the Stripe integration as deactivated when it was actually activated.
- Staff logins with “Receptionist” access can no longer unmerge a merged customer profile (this is intended to be an Admin-only capability).
- Only users with “Admin” level access may now upgrade or downgrade a Setmore account.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Calendar page to sometimes continuously reload itself.
- When converting a single appointment to a recurring appointment, the original appointment’s label will no longer copy over into the new series of recurring appointments.
- All class notifications and reminder emails are now enabled by default for new Setmore users.
Stay tuned for future updates!
Thank you for reading 🙂
Check out Captain’s Changelog: March 2018.
Committed to increased transparency and more responsive community outreach, Setmore will post monthly development updates to showcase some of our work and improvements made over the past 30 days.
Have a feature request? Post a comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
by Setmore Appointments
Free, powerful online customer scheduling for businesses of all sizes.