By Cassandra @ Setmore
Writer, editor and scheduling product expert at Setmore Appointments.
Stripe Payments, an online payment services provider, is now available in New Zealand! This is exciting news for Kiwis who use Setmore or were considering using Setmore, because it means you can now take customer credit or debit card payments online with the Setmore + Stripe integration.
Check out the Stripe announcement here >
Note: Stripe payments and the Stripe-Setmore integration is already available in the US, UK, Canada, Europe, Japan, and other countries! We’ll provide a brief rundown for how to set up the integration, and some of its benefits, below.
Setmore + Stripe lets you get paid online
With the Setmore + Stripe integration, you can take customer credit and debit card payments through your Booking Page. You can even require customers to submit a payment before confirming their appointment slot, which gets a more firm commitment from them while giving you extra time during the appointment because you won’t have to worry about payment.
You can also just process payments through your Setmore calendar, by clicking on an appointment and then navigating to Edit Details, and then the Payments tab. Payment information is tied to each appointment for future reference, so you can easily see which appointments are paid up or overdue.
Please note, however, that the integration requires a Setmore Premium account to use.
Click here to learn more about Setmore Premium >
Are there any transaction fees?
Transactions fee vary by country. For New Zealand, the fee is 2.9% + NZ$0.30. Aside from your Setmore Premium subscription fee, Setmore does not add any additional charges to use this service.
Activating the integration
With a Setmore Premium account, you can activate the Stripe integration in a few simple steps. Watch the video below and follow along, or read the 1-2-3 list (also below) to get started.
- In Setmore, navigate to Settings > Payments and click on the Stripe card.
- Click the “Activate Stripe” button, and when prompted, log in with your Stripe account. Don’t have Stripe? Sign up here >
- Signing in will grant permission for Setmore to access your Stripe account. The integration is now complete.
Enabling Booking Page payments
With Booking Page payments enabled, you can also apply a blanket discount or fee to all transactions made from the Booking Page. Watch the video below to learn more, or follow the 1-2-3 list to get started.
- In Setmore, navigate to Settings > Payments > Booking Page.
- Click the switch in Step 1 to enabled Booking Page payments.
- In Step 2, select whether you want to require payment at the time of booking, or make payment optional. Customers will now be prompted to pay online in order to confirm their appointment slot.
Safe, simple, secure
Setmore and Stripe work best for users who want their customers to pay for services upfront, at the time of booking.
Categorized in: News, Resources