By Cassandra @ Setmore
Writer, editor and scheduling product expert at Setmore Appointments.
Your smartphone is your multi-tool, secret weapon, sonic screwdriver, utility belt, tri-corder, time cruncher, life saver, all wrapped up in one device. You might even run your entire business on your phone, or at the very least you use it to communicate with your staff and check emails late at night. Well, good news – the Setmore mobile app was designed specifically for you.
If you haven’t already, download the app here:
The app is free to use, syncs automatically with your Setmore account, and offers nearly all the features as the full browser-based version. You can schedule appointments, add staff and services, share your online booking page, enable notifications, and more. For the purposes of this guide, we’ll go over the basics to get you started, and a quick helpful hint about enabling push notifications.
- Use the “hamburger” icon (three horizontal bars) in the top-left to access the main menu.
- Use the plus sign icon (+) in the top-right to add new appointments, staff, or services.
Scheduling an appointment
- Navigate to Schedule in the main menu (hamburger icon) and, under the date where you want the appointment to appear, tap + Add Appointment.
- Select the service, staff member, available time slot, and customer.
- On the final screen, if everything checks out, tap Book in the top right.
Enable or disable push notifications
Push notifications are those messages that appear on your lock screen when you’re not using your phone. They’re incredibly useful for checking your Setmore updates at-a-glance, especially for new or canceled appointments.
- Navigate to Settings in the main menu (hamburger icon).
- Scroll down and tap Notifications.
- Select which notifications you want to receive. A checkmark means the notification is activated, no checkmark means it’s not activated. Tap Save to save your changes.
Start a chat with Setmore support
Want help setting up a feature or having technical issues with the app? You can text message our support team directly, from inside the app itself!
- Navigate to Support in the main menu (hamburger icon).
- Type in your question to start a chat.
- An expert from our support team will respond in mere minutes.
There’s a lot you can do with Setmore for mobile
Even if you don’t plan to use the mobile app often, it may still be a good idea to download it simply for the push notifications. That way, your phone will ping you whenever a new customer signs up for your services, or you have a last-minute cancelation. Now that you’ve got the basics down, feel free to explore the app on your own.
Taking payments through Setmore *Premium Feature*
One of our goals with Setmore is to make it the only software you’ll need to run your business. To this end, the cash register system supports taking payments through Stripe, and we’re looking at expanding support to other services as well (don’t worry, Square is on the list). To use this integration, you’ll need an active Stripe account in good standing.
To get started, navigate to Settings > Payments > Configure.
- Click the Stripe card, then click the “Activate Stripe” button.
- A login window for Stripe will appear. Enter your Stripe username and password to continue.
- You’ll be prompted to authorize access of your account through Setmore. Click Authorize to continue.
Taking payments from the calendar
Navigate to Calendar.
- Click on the appointment for which you want to process a payment, then click “Edit Appointment >”
- A pop-up window will appear with the appointment details. Click the “Pay Now” button.
- Enter the customer’s payment information and click Charge Customer when finished.
Taking payments through the booking page
Navigate to Settings > Payments > Booking Page.
- Under Step 1, activate the switch to enable taking payments on the booking page.
- Under Step 2, you can choose to require full payment upfront by selecting the option “Collect Full Payment.”
Why taking payments online is so money
Customers make 55% of their purchase decisions within 1 hour of the initial Google search on a mobile device. Setmore lets you to capitalize on customers’ desire to pay for services upfront and there’s numerous benefits to activating this feature:
- Customers are more committed to showing up for a service they’ve already paid for.
- You can require payment at the time of booking to discourage frivolous bookings.
- You get paid faster and it’s more convenient for customers too.
- It allows you to focus on quality of service during the appointment.
It’s been a wild ride
And so ends bootcamp #3. You made it this far and I’m proud to call you a seasoned Setmore user. Just so you’re always in-the-know about future patches and updates, be sure to check out our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter. Now go forth, set appointments, take payments, deliver amazing experiences, and may your calendar always be booked solid.
– The Setmore Team
Categorized in: How-to