Setmore New User Bootcamp #2.
Imagine for a moment that you want to learn how to play the guitar. You start by searching for a guitar teacher online and find one in your neck of the woods with a handful of four and five-star reviews. Now imagine you want to schedule your first lesson. Is it easier to call or is it easier to book online? If you call and you get an answering machine, do you immediately hang up?
What do you think your customers are doing?
Add your booking page to your website
Having your booking page on your website makes it easier to transition online visitors into paying customers. We’ll give you the tools to add your booking page in a snap, even if you have zero coding experience. Here’s how you do it:
Navigate to Apps & Integrations and click the Booking Widget integration card.
- Scroll down to Step 3 where it says “Get the embed code.”
- Select the option for “I’ll embed the code myself.”
- Scroll down to Step 4 and highlight all the text in the box, then copy the code.
Now you’ll add the code to your website, but this step varies depending on whether you have direct access to the source code or use a website builder.
If you have direct access to the source code: Paste the code to your website’s source html, inline with where you want the button to appear.
If you use a website builder: Look in the editor’s toolbox for the option to Embed Code, Edit Source, or Edit HTML. Some editors will have you drag-and-drop a custom code field onto your webpage. Paste the code into this area to continue.
That’s it! Be sure to save your changes (if applicable) and publish your website to test drive the new button. If you use one of the following website builders, you can also check our support domain for detailed how-to guides and step-by-step instructions:
Use these links to access embedding guides for your preferred website builder:
Adobe Muse, Drupal, Joomla!, Weebly, Wix
Enabling appointment reminders
Setmore offers both email and text/SMS reminders to notify your customers about their upcoming appointments. They’ve shown to help reduce no-shows, which ultimately saves your business money. Plus, sending your customers a friendly reminder every now and then is its own form of user engagement.
Note: Using text/SMS reminders requires a Setmore Premium account.
To get started, navigate to Settings > Notifications > Customer.
- Under “Send an Email,” you can enable sending email notifications to customers whenever an appointment is booked, cancelled or rescheduled. You can also add links to notification emails that allow customers to reschedule or cancel an appointment themselves.
- Under “Appointment Reminders,” you can activate or deactivate sending reminders emails or texts to customers before their appointments.
- Under Reminder Lead time, you can specify how soon before an appointment the customer will receive their reminder. Usually a day before or a couple hours before is good.
Customizing appointment reminders
You can also customize the content of the reminder, which gives you a chance to inject some personality into your messages. Note that every customer will receive the same text message template, only the variable fields such as “APPT DATE/TIME” will automatically adjust to fit each customer’s situation.
To get started, navigate to Settings > Notifications > Customization
- Under “Sender Name” and “Email Signature,” you can customize these elements for your reminder emails (sorry, you can’t customize the body of the email at this time).
- Under “SMS Notification,” you can change the default text of each message. Drag and drop variable fields, such as APPT.DATE/TIME into your message.
- When finished, simply click outside a form field to save your changes.
Not sure what to put in your Email Signature? Here’s a few ideas:
- Your website URL
- Links to your Facebook or Twitter page (you want more followers, right?)
- Temporary messages such as “We will be closed from…” (just remember to update it once you return)
- Links to online promotions (e.g. “click here to save 20% on your next visit”)
Another one bites the dust
Bootcamp #2 down – how are you feeling now? Wiser, more capable, more ready to tackle business challenges like a boss? Good! The knowledge spout will continue to flow so keep an eye on your inbox, and if you haven’t already, be sure to follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook, where we’ll post important updates and developments.
– The Setmore Team
Chomping at the bit? Bootcamp #3 awaits. – OR – post a comment below and tell us how your Setmore experience is treating you so far!
by Cassandra @ Setmore
Writer, editor and scheduling product expert at Setmore Appointments.