By Cassandra @ Setmore
Writer, editor and scheduling product expert at Setmore Appointments.
“You’ve taken your first step into a larger world.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
Setmore is simple, but there’s a lot you can do with it
We’re not your secret weapon—your secret weapon is the amazing experience you deliver to your clients day in and day out. We’re simply here to enable you to do it better and more efficiently. We’ve been extremely nit-picky in building out the Setmore interface to make it super intuitive and usable, and all the important features are just a few clicks away. You can absolutely explore the app on your own, but for those of you with busy schedules, this bootcamp will equip you with the knowledge you’ll need to make the most of Setmore. Are you ready? Let’s get started.
Appointments surround us and flow through us. They bind the galaxy together.
Activate your Setmore booking page
The booking page enables your customers to self-schedule their own appointments online. This saves you time from manually taking appointments and phone calls, or playing phone tag with customers who call after hours.
To get started, navigate to Apps & Integrations and click “Configure” under “Your Booking Page.”
- In the Overview tab, click “Edit URL” to customize your Booking Page URL.
- Now go to the Company Details tab.
- Add your business name, upload your logo, and fill in your contact information.
- Set your booking page URL to something short and memorable. Assume that some customers will Google it from memory.
- It helps to include your company’s logo so that customers know they are booking with the right outfit.
Of course, the booking page is only effective if you have staff and services data to populate it…
Adding staff and services (if you haven’t already)
Staff and services represent what your organization does and who does it. Setmore pulls info from these categories when booking appointments from the dashboard or from the customer-facing booking page.
To add staff, navigate to Settings > Staff.
- Click the (+) at the top of the Staff column.
- Add the staff member’s name and email, click Add Staff.
- (Optional) In the Staff Details menu, scroll down and enable Staff Logins using the toggle switch. This will allow staff members to schedule appointments directly to their own calendars.
See how easy it is? Understanding the customer’s journey is important to delivering a good experience, and also provides context about what kind of information you’ll need when booking an appointment.
That’s all for Bootcamp #1
We have a saying at Setmore – “Quality of life over quantity of things.” We believe people are happier when they have more life-enriching experiences, and it can be as simple as a snazzy new haircut, as reassuring as getting a broken thing fixed, or as aspirational as helping someone build their own business.
These are just the first steps, but you’re well on your way to becoming an appointment-setting master. Additional bootcamps are coming your way over the next few days, so keep an eye on your inbox. In the meantime, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and explore the app on your own to see what it can do.
– The Setmore Team
Can’t wait for the next bootcamp? Click here to get started on Bootcamp #2. – OR – Was there something you wanted to know that we didn’t cover in this tutorial? Let us know in the comments below!
Categorized in: How-to